Artificial Intelligence: a term that's as exciting as it is intimidating. It's revolutionized numerous industries, and email marketing is no exception. But the question lingers - can AI truly be trusted? Can machine learning and complex algorithms understand the intricacies of human communication and psychology in order to effectively market a product?
As a member of Only Influencers, I felt it would be both intriguing and beneficial to test these waters publicly. I decided to utilize OpenAI's language model, ChatGPT, acting as my assistant, to create this post using Only Influencers as "the company". I am publishing the results for all my peers and fellow email marketing experts to review. I thought this open approach would not only test the capabilities of AI in this setting, but also invite a broader discussion and exchange of ideas about its applications in our field.
Note: The Author of this blog post, Doug Morneau (Marzany), will be leading a discussion on this topic during the OI-members-only Live Zoom on Thursday, December 21, 2023.
OI members -- see you there! Not a member? Join today -- or reach out to Jeanne, our general manager, to learn more.
The task I put to the test involved understanding the needs of our ideal clients and delivering a comprehensive marketing strategy. The fascinating results are shared in this post. Read on and decide for yourself if AI can indeed be a reliable partner in your marketing endeavors, and feel free to share your thoughts, feedback, and experiences."
How would you grade AI - ChatGTP 4’s understanding of OI and Email Marketing? A, B, C, D, Fail?
Only Influencers (OI), as a thriving community that caters to the needs of email marketing professionals by providing resources, networking opportunities, and thoughtful discussions to drive the industry forward. It’s evident that your organization values continued learning, professional growth, and peer support.
Given this understanding, let's consider the buying beliefs your potential members would need to have in order to join your community:
- Belief in the Value of Networking: They must understand the significance of having a strong professional network and be open to the idea that the best knowledge often comes from interacting with peers facing similar challenges.
- Belief in the Power of Ongoing Learning: They need to believe that industries evolve and, to stay ahead, continuous learning and discussion are necessary. They should be ready to actively participate in debates and discussions to extract maximum value from their membership.
- Belief in the Influence of Industry Leaders: Prospective members should recognize that being in the same circle as email marketers from leading brands can help them keep abreast of the latest strategies and trends in the industry.
- Belief in the Efficacy of Email Marketing: They need to firmly believe in the continued relevance and effectiveness of email marketing as a powerful tool in their overall marketing strategy.
- Belief in the ROI of Membership: They must see the value that a $20/month or $200/year membership fee brings. This includes access to invaluable discussions, networking events, industry resources, and more.
- Belief in the Professional Growth Opportunity: Prospective members need to realize that joining the OI community isn't just about current benefits, but it’s also a long-term investment in their professional growth and future career prospects in the industry.
- Belief in the Community’s Code of Conduct: They must respect the community’s norms and values, which include no direct solicitations or shaming, and understand that these rules aim to create a safe, respectful environment conducive to productive dialogue.
- Belief in the Adaptability and Resilience of the Community: In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, prospective members should believe in the community's ability to adapt and find new ways to connect and share knowledge, such as through virtual meetings and discussions.
- Belief in the Need for Support and Guidance: They should understand that every professional, regardless of their level of expertise or years of experience, can benefit from the guidance, feedback, and support of a dedicated community.
By nurturing these beliefs, you can encourage more industry professionals to realize the value and benefits of joining the Only Influencers community.
Here’s a list of video topics that help to instill each of those beliefs.
I answered AI’s question about a “problem”. The following is a list of problems email marketing clients are experiencing aligned with the relevant buying beliefs and suggest appropriate video topics.
- Standing Out
- Building a Quality List
- Creating Engaging Content
- Segmentation and Personalization
Now, let's match these challenges with the buying beliefs:
These connections show that your challenges align well with the buying beliefs. Your community's strength lies in its ability to adapt to changes (like deliverability issues), stand out among the competition, build a community of quality rather than quantity, and provide mentorship for personalized content and segmenting strategies. This is powerful information to emphasize in your content marketing efforts.
The following are specific video topics addressing these challenges and buying beliefs or do you have other requests at this stage?
These video topics and descriptions should give your audience the confidence that joining Only Influencers will provide them with the solutions to their most pressing challenges.
The top 3 titles that are most likely to grab the attention of OI’s ideal client (based on the info you have above) and move them forward toward my products.
Here are the top three video titles based on the information you've provided about your ideal client's needs and your product's benefits:
- "Invisible Messages? Mastering the Art of Email Deliverability"
- "Unleash Your Uniqueness: How to Stand Out in a Crowded Inbox"
- "Quality Over Quantity: The Secret to Building Effective Email Lists"
Next, the outline for Unleash Your Uniqueness: How to Stand Out in a Crowded Inbox:
Finally, the outline for Quality Over Quantity: The Secret to Building Effective Email Lists:
All these video outlines are designed to pique the interest of your ideal client, addressing their pain points, emphasizing the benefits of your services, and moving them towards the next steps in their journey with Only Influencers. They also make use of SEO-friendly keywords related to email marketing, thereby helping to boost your visibility on search engines.
Here's the condensed list of prompts I used, each with a short descriptive sentence for clarity:
- Crafting Buying Beliefs: A prompt aimed at understanding the core beliefs potential clients should hold to consider buying from Only Influencers.
- YouTube Content Creation: A directive for creating a list of video topics that help instill each of these buying beliefs, complete with catchy titles, intro hooks, and descriptions written in Problem-Agitate-Solve (PAS) format.
- Client Challenge Identification: A request to distill a list of client responses into their top five challenges, with these challenges then being matched to the buying beliefs.
- Content-to-Challenge Matching: An instruction to create a table aligning each client challenge to a suitable YouTube content idea, encapsulating the buying belief, topic, title, intro hook, and PAS video description.
- Script Outlining: A command to select the top three video ideas and outline a video script for each, with bullet points optimized for SEO and an enticing closing paragraph.
The aim with this exercise was to explore how AI can aid in creating comprehensive, user-specific content strategies, while also delving into the wider implications of AI's capacity for understanding and responding to nuanced human problems and desires.
I hope you enjoyed this post and really would love your feedback, comments, and questions.